THURSDAY 5TH NOVEMBER – UPDATE
Under the current government instructions, we are now closed until further notice. During the current lockdown period, we will currently not be offering a takeaway service.
Please keep an eye here or on our social media pages for information on when we will be reopening, when the booking system will be up and running again and for all the latest updates.
We want to thank you all for your continued support during these times and we look forward to seeing you all again when we are able to open! Stay safe
SUNDAY 1st NOVEMBER – UPDATE
Following the government announcement on Saturday 31st October, sadly we will be required to close our doors at 10pm on Wednesday 4th November 2020 until December.
We have therefore decided to open on the following days and times before close down:-
- Monday 2nd November 5pm-10pm
- Tuesday 3rd November 5pm-10pm
- Wednesday 4th November 2pm-10pm
We are already looking very busy so do recommend that you make a reservation for a two hour slot via the booking system at the top of this page. Please select ‘standard’ as your seating option if you would like an indoor table (already fully booked on Wednesday evening) or ‘outdoor’ to be sat in the beer garden.
The rule of 6 currently still applies therefore we can not take parties larger than this size or combine tables next to each other to take larger parties sadly.
We will do our best to accommodate walk-ins however strongly advise making a booking due to our limited capacity. To enable as many customers to have a chance to enjoy a pub before close down we will be operating the two hour time limits on tables and we do ask you to kindly help us out by only booking a table that will accommodate your party size, for example if you will be a table of 2 please don’t book a larger size so we can welcome and say a short farewell to as many of you as possible.
We will be required to comply with curfew and be closed by 10pm each day, we predict a busy few days all round and therefore would recommend pre-booking taxis as local companies are likely to be very busy and unfortunately we can not keep customers onsite past 10pm.
We would like to thank you all for your continued support and we will stay in touch via our social media pages and website once plans for reopening in December are confirmed.
The table booking system will close after Wednesday and any bookings made for the shutdown period automatically cancelled.
Stay safe and see you all soon!
The PoW Team xx
- Our opening hours have been amended:
- Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday – Thursday 5pm-10pm
- Friday 3pm-10pm
- Saturday – Sunday 12pm-10pm
- We have created an outdoor seating area to welcome as many people back as safely as possible. Seating will be outdoors but covered so please dress weather appropriate! Limited seating is now available inside for party sizes up to 4 via our booking app.
- Tables are available to book via our online system at the top of this page and on our Facebook page, this will be the quickest way to secure a table but you can also call 01252 545578.
- Tables will be booked for 2 hours and under new COVID laws can legally accept a party of a maximum of 6 guests. We will be asking guests to remain seated whilst onsite and we are sadly not able to combine or swap tables.
- Please ensure you have a mask with you as you will be required to wear one when inside the venue, including using the toilets. Masks can be removed when seated at an indoor table and are not required to be worn when in our outdoor areas. Staff will be wearing masks also when inside the bar.
- Our kitchen is currently closed however we do have plenty of bar snacks available including our homemade sausage rolls!
- We welcome well behaved dogs but please do be advised that dogs will also be required to remain at your table and on lead whilst you are visiting us.
- Children are welcome to join you until 6pm. Due to the change in operation, we have made this decision based on the fact that guests will need to remain seated at their table therefore it may not be the most enjoyable experience for very little ones!
- We will have a one way system in operation and access to the pub will be via our drive way entrance. You will be greeted by a member of staff who will direct you to your table.
- Tables will be laid out with the correct social distancing measures in place therefore we do ask that whilst onsite you remain seated at your table and that furniture is not moved.
- Parking onsite will not be available due to the addition of outdoor seating. We encourage you to walk or cycle where possible.
- We will be offering table service and would prefer payment via contactless and card.
- Our toilets will be open and we will operate a one in one out system
- Our cleaning schedules will be increased and PPE provided for our staff
- We are legally required to take the contact details for your guests for NHS track and trace. These can be inputted via the booking system.
- Our staff have all received additional training to adhere to the new guidelines.
- Safety is paramount so please do only come to the pub if you are fit and well and not experiencing any Coronavirus symptoms.
Although different, we are committed to providing the best pub experience for our customers whilst ensuring safety. This is a new experience for us all and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time but most important, we are really looking forward to seeing you all again, please check back regularly or follow our facebook page for the latest updates!