Welcome to The Prince of Wales
Welcome to The Prince of Wales
We are a traditional, friendly Victorian Pub situated in the heart of North Farnborough. Just a few minutes walk from Farnborough North station. We pride ourselves on our selection of real ales and craft beers, with 10 hand pumps we serve 5 house and 5 guest ales alongside 6 guest craft beers and ciders. Please note our kitchen is currently closed however bar snacks are available.
What’s changing from July 19th?
Freedom day is nearly here! Read on to find out the changes to how we shall be operating from 19th onwards:-
Opening Hours – KITCHEN WILL REMAIN CLOSED INITIALLY (see below for details)
- Monday – Thursday 16:30-23:00
- Friday – Sunday 12:00-23:00
- Bank Holiday Mondays 12:00-22:30
Last orders will be called at 22:45 daily with time at the bar called at 23:00. We will then allow 30 minutes drinking up time. We will continue to be over 18s only after 18:00 daily.
Tables & Bookings
- We will no longer be taking bookings or making table reservations. Tables will be available on a first come first served basis.
- The booking system is now closed for reservations after 18th July.
- We will restate the indoor furniture and benches at the front of the pub.
- We will continue to offer extended seating outdoors for as long as we are able, therefore the car park will remain closed.
- Initially we will not be allowing sitting or standing at the bar until our staff are fully vaccinated. This is to minimise extended indoor contact with staff and avoid the need to close due to an outbreak and we hope you understand.
Ordering a pint
- Table service will no longer be in operation, we know many of you have enjoyed this service however for our business, the additional staffing required to provide table service is sadly not sustainable.
- Drinks will move to being ordered at the bar.
- We will no longer be running table tabs and ask that drinks etc are purchased on a pay as you go basis.
- For the time being, we will remain a cashless business accepting payment via card and contactless
Face masks, PPE & COVID Systems
- Face coverings will become a personal choice for both customers and our staff. Please do feel free to wear a face mask if you are more comfortable.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available.
- No one way systems will be in place.
- We are no longer required to enforce scanning in on track & trace however QR codes will still be available.
Food Service & Events
- Our kitchen will remain closed for the time being but bar snacks will be available. We will be defining our updated kitchen offering over the next few weeks and rebuilding our kitchen team. We envisage being able to restart food service at some point in August
- Please bare with us whilst we work through our event offering. We are hoping to reintroduce monthly live music and quiz night very soon!
- We are crossing all of our digits in the hope that we will be able to host our annual Beerfest this year. Save these dates – 15th-17th October!
We will need to continue with current guidelines until Monday 19th July and appreciate your support in helping us remain COVID safe. We encourage all customers to behave responsibility when restrictions lift but boy are we excited to have some normality return!
A huge thank you to all of you who have viisted and supported us during what has been a tough and strange 18 months, it means a lot to us and we can’t wait to welcome you soon!
The POW Team xxxx
How are we operating pre-19th July?
We are currently open:-
- Mon-Wed 5pm-10pm
- Thu 3pm-11pm
- Fri & Sat 12pm-11pm
- Sun 12pm-10.30pm
- Bank Holiday Mondays 12pm-10.30pm
We are now open and below you will find our COVID secure plan inline with current government guidelines:
- We currently have covered outdoor seating available and the inside seating area is closed
- We operate a table booking system. Tables can be reserved for 2 hours via the booking widget at the top of this page
- We currently only accept party sizes of up to 6 guests to help us manage social distancing
- Our car park is currently closed to allow us to have outdoor seating
- It can get chilly at night and heating is limited so we do advise you dress weather appropriate and we do have blankets available to fight the chill!
- Inline with government guidelines, we do ask that once at your table you remain seated unless using the toilets or leaving the pub
- We know its tempting to pop over and say hi to a friend at another table but sadly we are not able to mix groups at this time and appreciate your cooperation to help us stay open!
- Please do not move the furniture as this is measured for social distancing, sadly we are unable to add additional seats or swap parties when onsite, the group you arrive with will need to be the group you stay with whilst with us to avoid mixing
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue, please do help yourself
- Masks are required when using the toilets only
- Table service is in operation and we are accepting payment via card and contactless only
- Our kitchen is currently closed but we do have bar snacks available
- We will try our hardest to accommodate table requests however this can not be guaranteed, especially during peak times
- Due to the nature of our set up and rules in place, we are strictly over 18s from 6pm daily
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead and at your table
- All guests over 16 are required by law to leave contact details for track and trace, we recommend downloading the NHS app
- We are running an enhanced cleaning schedule so please don’t be offended if you see staff cleaning during your visit
- Management reserve the right to ask guests to leave or refuse entry if the guidelines above are not followed
We know it’s not quite normal yet but we are so pleased to be able to reopen our doors! We would like to stay open this time so we really appreciate your support in visiting us and following the guidelines in place.
Don’t forget to give us a follow on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date with the latest beers on tap!