Welcome to The Prince of Wales
Welcome to The Prince of Wales
We are a traditional, friendly Victorian Pub situated in the heart of North Farnborough. Just a few minutes walk from Farnborough North station. We pride ourselves on our selection of real ales and craft beers, with 10 hand pumps we serve 5 house and 5 guest ales alongside 6 guest craft beers and ciders. Please note our kitchen is currently closed however bar snacks are available.
Opening Hours – KITCHEN WILL REMAIN CLOSED INITIALLY (see below for details)
- Monday – Thursday 16:30-23:00
- Friday – Saturday 12:00-23:00
- Sunday 12:00-22:00
- Bank Holiday Mondays 12:00-22:00
We will continue to be over 18s only after 18:00 daily.
Tables & Bookings
- We will no longer be taking bookings or making table reservations. Tables will be available on a first come first served basis.
- We will continue to offer extended seating outdoors for as long as we are able, therefore the car park will remain closed.
- Initially we will not be allowing sitting or standing at the bar until our staff are fully vaccinated. This is to minimise extended indoor contact with staff and avoid the need to close due to an outbreak and we hope you understand.
Ordering a pint
- Table service will no longer be in operation, we know many of you have enjoyed this service however for our business, the additional staffing required to provide table service is sadly not sustainable.
- Drinks will move to being ordered at the bar.
- We will no longer be running table tabs and ask that drinks etc are purchased on a pay as you go basis.
- For the time being, we will remain a cashless business accepting payment via card and contactless
Face masks, PPE & COVID Systems
- Face coverings will become a personal choice for both customers and our staff. Please do feel free to wear a face mask if you are more comfortable.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available.
- No one way systems will be in place.
- We are no longer required to enforce scanning in on track & trace however QR codes will still be available.
Food Service & Events
- Our kitchen will remain closed for the time being but bar snacks will be available. We will be defining our updated kitchen offering over the next few weeks and rebuilding our kitchen team. We envisage being able to restart food service at some point in August
- Please bare with us whilst we work through our event offering. We are hoping to reintroduce monthly live music and quiz night very soon!
- We are crossing all of our digits in the hope that we will be able to host our annual Beerfest this year. Save these dates – 15th-17th October!
We will need to continue with current guidelines until Monday 19th July and appreciate your support in helping us remain COVID safe. We encourage all customers to behave responsibility when restrictions lift but boy are we excited to have some normality return!
A huge thank you to all of you who have viisted and supported us during what has been a tough and strange 18 months, it means a lot to us and we can’t wait to welcome you soon!
The POW Team xxxx